Written in an accessible, easy to understand style, it introduces the sixteen Síolta standards, explaining how to practically implement them within an early childhood setting. This book links the theory of Síolta to daily ECEC practice.
• Highlights key connections linking each Síolta Standard across all areas of ECEC.
• Each page presents useful insights into Síolta, its relationship to policy, legislation and best practice, and tips for implementation to translate theory into practice.
• Provides a practical approach to policy, with a step-by-step overview of the most relevant policies, and how they map onto, or work with Síolta.
• Simplifies essential early childhood policies and initiatives, including The Childcare Act, 1991 (Early Years Services Regulations, 2016), Aistear, the Early Childhood Curriculum Framework, the Diversity Equality and Inclusion Charter, the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, and much more including Laura Lundy’s (2007) Model of Participation.
• Uses reflective questions to encourage deep thinking about significant and topical issues in ECEC, such as gender, inclusion, child agency, diversity, equality, representation and professional practice.